Subject: Re: Error building OpenSSL
To: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/18/2000 11:03:21
On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Philip Brodd wrote:

> While trying to build OpenSSH, it turned out my system (1.4 on a
> Centris 650) needed Perl and OpenSSL.  make went ahead and built and
> installed Perl with no problem, but it choked on OpenSSL with the error
> shown below.

To build openssl, just remove patches/patch-ak (and "make clean &&
make install"). I've just removed it from the cvs tree. It was a
work-around for a wierd compiler error with NetBSD-1.4.1/OpenSSL-0.92,
but it doesn't seem to be needed anymore, at least with 1.4.2/0.94.

> Ah, I just looked in the Makefile and don't see mac68k in the
> ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM section.  Is there a trick to making this work, or is it
> just not going to happen?  I haven't tried regular ssh yet.  Is there any
> reason to go with it instead of openssh?

It's in there as NetBSD-*-m68k. (All third party binaries for all the
m68k ports build identically.) As for the differences between openssh
and ssh, I wouldn't know, but I can vouch for the fact that plain old
ssh-1.27 works fine on m68k. Maybe openssh supports SSH v.2?