Subject: Re: Slow IPNat
To: Matthew Navarre <mnavarre@home.com>
From: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2000 19:17:18
I think the proper first is to get the machine using the cable modem at a
decent speed first, then worry about NAT/ipf. It seems like all the
problems stem from the fact that the connection to @Home is so slow. That
aside, I'm not sure where to start looking for problems. One thing that
concerns me is on boot, I get this:
ae0 at nubus0 slot d: Farallon EtherMac II-TP, 32KB memory
ae0: Ethernet address xx:xx...
ae0: length does not match next packet pointer
ae0: len 000 nlen ff00 start 0c first 00 curr 0e next 00 stop 80
ae0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 65280

So I guess my questions are: is my card supported? is the memory
corrupt/next packet error a serious problem? How do I fix it?

Erik Huizing			4th year Computer Science
huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca	Office: MS 142 Ph: 220-5768
http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~huizing