Subject: Re: panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Colin Wood <cwood@ichips.intel.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2000 13:51:59
Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 0:24 Uhr +0100 16.3.2000, Colin Wood wrote:
> >Hauke Fath wrote:
> >> A missing device file would not exactly explain why I see a panic with one
> >> video card and a working console with another, would it?
> >
> >not unless 1 video card is supported but the other not.  if 1 card isn't
> >supported, it may be that wscons is trying to establish the console on
> >that fb device anyway and then failing rather miserably...
>
> In what sense "unsupported"? How (and _when_) would it fail?

if you had an unsupported video card, i'd expect the macvid line to report
that it wasn't able to configure the display, and you'd probably not even
see the macfb line.  the wsdisplay might or might not show up, but the
console would almost certainly puke when it discovered that it didn't have
any wsdisplay devices to attach to....

looking at your dmesg output, tho, it all looks perfectly fine.  i'd
expect that machine to boot without problems...

-colin