Subject: net setup question
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: St John, David R <David.R.St.John@usa.xerox.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/16/2000 08:20:32
I'm trying to setup my NetBSD system with 2 ethernet cards, one for the
local network and one attached to a
cable modem.

My problem is the other machine on the local net can not ping or resolve
names through the BSD box and the
BSD box works fine.  I do see some ioctl errors between the ipf startup and
the dhcp startup.

The setup:

Quadra 660AV
mc0 - attached to cable modem with DHCP client configuring the interface.
ae0 - attached to local hub, ifconfig.ae0 contains 'inet 192.168.1.2 netmask
255.255.255.0'

ipf.conf contains 'pass in all' and 'pass out all'
ipnat.conf is BASIC.NAT copied from the /usr/share/examples/ipf directory.
The ppp0 entries are
changed to mc0 and the ed0 entries to ae0.
I'm using 'map mc0 192.168.1.0/28 -> 0/32 portmap <some range I can't
remember>' and the ftp proxy line in
example file.

Any thoughts on how to fix this setup?  I've looked at everything I could
find, online docs, etc. and I'm still
not understanding something.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave St. John
David.R.St.John@usa.xerox.com