Subject: Re: Asante LC V1.1?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <bob@kunk.jriver.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2000 21:05:21
User Levi Sluder said:
> Hi, me again :) I'm trying to buy a Asante LC V1.1 LC PDS Ethernet card.
> Does anyone know if this works with MacBSD? If this helps, I'm running
> 1.4.1 on an LC III. Thanks for any advice.

Hi Levi,

I have a 575 with PDS and Comm slot. Don't know if this helps but I had
an unsupported FOCUS LC PDS card which didn't work so I got the following:

M2708Z/A "Ethernet Card, CS Slot, Thin (Coax), Apple" $29.00

From macresq.com

It works very nicely in my 1.3.3 system with one slight caveat, I have to
boot into MACOS with the ethernet enabled before going to netbsd. I assume
it's enabling something on the card that the sn0 driver does not. It
work great though and may be fixed in 1.4 which I haven't loaded yet...

Bob
--
Robert E. Brose II    N0QBJ
http://www.jriver.com/~bob/