Subject: Re: Slow IPNat
To: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2000 20:53:38
Erik Huizing  (huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca) wrote:

>I'm not sure. I doubt it though. I used Bob Nestor's setup. The bizzare
>thing is that even when I telnet off my Centris without any ipf/ipnat
>running the connection is still slow.
>
>Erik Huizing			4th year Computer Science
>huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca	Office: MS 142 Ph: 220-5768
>http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~huizing
>
>On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Philip Brodd wrote:
>
>> Could wierd ipfilter rules be slowing traffic to a crawl?  I'm running
>> IP-NAT and ipfilter on a Centris 650 with @Home, and get great speeds.  I
>> don't know much about filtering rules, but that seems a likely perp.
>>
>> Phil

Just another data point here, but the setup I use works fine on both
mac68k and a sparc going thru DSL with the phone company.  Is it possible
there is some other setting that some of the @Home sites require?  Maybe
one of the sysctl settings needs to be tweeked a bit? I haven't done
anything with them on my system(s).

-bob