Subject: Re: panic: cnopen: cn_tab->cn_dev == NODEV
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@espresso.rhein-neckar.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2000 21:36:51
On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 08:28:37PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 1:12 Uhr +0100 14.3.2000, Colin Wood wrote:
> >have you done a:
> >
> >cd /dev
> >sh ./MAKEDEV wscons
>
> I did a fresh install, booting from the 1.4.2_ALPHA installation kernel
> (see PR#9608) and doing a  'cd /dev ; ./MAKEDEV all' after booting the
> system.
>
> A missing device file would not exactly explain why I see a panic with one
> video card and a working console with another, would it?

I don't think so, indeed... I added this panic to prevent weird kernel
behaviour when misconfiguring the console device. The most probable cause
of this panic is the failure to properly attach a console device. Either
none of the devices did match/attach or you did mess up the config file.
Since I am no mac expert, this is all I can give you.

Hope it helps a bit,

Leo.