Subject: Error building OpenSSL
From: Philip Brodd <pbrodd@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2000 11:01:21
While trying to build OpenSSH, it turned out my system (1.4 on a
Centris 650) needed Perl and OpenSSL.  make went ahead and built and
installed Perl with no problem, but it choked on OpenSSL with the error
shown below.

Ah, I just looked in the Makefile and don't see mac68k in the
ONLY_FOR_PLATFORM section.  Is there a trick to making this work, or is it
just not going to happen?  I haven't tried regular ssh yet.  Is there any
reason to go with it instead of openssh?

Thanks.
Phil

===>  Building for openssl-0.9.4
making all in rsaref...
making all in crypto...
making all in crypto/md2...
making all in crypto/md5...
making all in crypto/sha...
making all in crypto/mdc2...
making all in crypto/hmac...
making all in crypto/ripemd...
making all in crypto/des...
making all in crypto/rc2...
making all in crypto/rc4...
making all in crypto/rc5...
making all in crypto/idea...
making all in crypto/bf...
making all in crypto/cast...
making all in crypto/bn...
gcc -I.. -I../../include -fPIC -DPIC -DTERMIOS -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-Wall
-D
B_ENDIAN  -c bn_div.c
bn_div.c:67: conflicting types for `BN_div'
../../include/openssl/bn.h:335: previous declaration of `BN_div'
bn_div.c: In function `BN_mod':
bn_div.c:355: warning: passing arg 3 of `BN_div' discards `const' from
pointer target type
bn_div.c:355: warning: passing arg 4 of `BN_div' discards `const' from
pointer target type
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1