Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD 1.4.1 on a IIvx
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew J Robbie <andrew.robbie@dsto.defence.gov.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/15/2000 10:21:03
"Daniel R. Killoran,Ph.D." wrote:

> Andrew J Robbie wrote:
> >
> >Roger, I have the same problem as you. It isn't anything to do with SCSI chain
> >termination as far as I can tell.
>
> I have 1.4.1 up on a IIvx - it gave no trouble whatever, except that,
> as I have Quantum drives, I had to use the SBC version of the kernel.

Yeah, I tried that. I don't know why it didn't work for me :-( I got
parity errors.

Roger Brown wrote:
# (on a IIvx, 8meg RAM, Sonic Systems NUBUS ethernet, QUANTUM LIGHTNING 350meg
# harddrive)

You need more RAM -- 8MB will thrash if you use X.

# I have now loaded the 'current', what is this, 1.4.2 or 1.4.3.
#
# This appears to work with the SBC kernel but sometimes hangs on the ADB bus
# probe.

This issue of IIvx-specific hanging in the ADB probe has happened before; this
may or may not be related.

# So I am up and running [...]

Excellent! I may try out -current then.

Regards,