Subject: Re: 68040
To: None <ewinkler@erols.com>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/2000 20:29:05
One thing about clocking...
I've got a Centris 610, which I put a full O40 into.  When I got my
centris, it had an oscillator kit which upped the clock speed from 20 Mhz
to about 33.  When overclocked, the onboard ethernet would not work.
Removing the chipper, restored normal ethernet operation.

I understand that the Quadra's have a separate clock for the IO, so upping
the processor speed won't have the same effect.  I forget where I found it,
but there is a web site on changing clock speeds, and it told how to add a
separate clock to the Centris'es so that changing the clock speed won't
break the IO.

Good Luck,
Roger