Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD 1.4.1 on a IIvx
To: Roger Brown <rogerhb@xtra.co.nz>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2000 14:08:14
At 12:10 AM -0500 3/12/00, Roger Brown wrote:

>This happens on two QUANTUM drives I have, and I have also tried
>initialising one drive from scratch using Apples Drive Setup and MKFS 1.45
>
>Where can I go from here?

Double check that you have good SCSI cables and good termination.

SBC is one of the two SCSI device drivers we have under NetBSD/mac68k. The
other one is ncrscsi.

After that, try a kernel with ncrscsi. Usually, when you download a kernel
you'll see one that's GENERIC and one that's SBC. To get ncrscsi, get the
one that's GENERIC.

Good luck!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill