Subject: PPP problems...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Ryan Ordway <ryan@gstis.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/2000 14:32:35
	I've got a Quadra 630 running 1.4.1 w/ a SupraExpress 33.6 modem that
I've been dialing into one of our TCR's with. pppd refuses to negotiate with
our internal CVX, saying it couldn't determine the remote IP address. Dialing
int the TCR instead at least gets me connected, but once I connect I get these
errors:

Mar 12 14:15:26 brahms /netbsd: ppp0: bad fcs a210
Mar 12 14:15:26 brahms /netbsd: ppp0: bad fcs 36c
Mar 12 14:15:26 brahms /netbsd: ppp0: missing UI (0x3), got 0x4

	I've never explored the internals of pppd or the parts of the kernel
that would handle this, does anyone have any idea what this is? MacOS has been
handling both the CVX and the TCR fine with the same modem... though other
guys in the office have had similar problems dialing into the CVX using Linux
and Solaris.

	Ideas?

	Thanks,

	Ryan

--
   Ryan Ordway   *   Systems Administrator   *   GST Telecom, Inc.
          520 SW 6th Ave. Suite 300, Portland, OR 97204