Subject: Hello, weirdness in login
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Chia <kid@fancy-shmancy.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2000 22:03:31
Hi, new to the list.  Just installed netbsd/mac68k on my quadra 660av the
other day..  planning to dedicate it to a web spider of sorts..  got the
hardware pretty much free (the guy thought it was broken, only the battery
was dead, ha..) so i figured i'd get it doing something totally useless,
but kinda cool like sentence generation..

Anyway, so here's what happened.  I did "kill -1 -1" and was brought back
to a login: prompt after about 3 seconds of stall.. this did not surprise
me.  What surprised me was that if I tried to login, I would get something
like:

Netbsd/blah
login: kid
login incorrect
login:

etc.  didn't bother asking me for a pass.  I rebooted into single user,
got to a shell, and tried to fix things, but I didn't know what to fix. So
what happened here? (I had meant to type "kill -1 1" but.. i may have had
too much coffee.  hehe.

In any case, I've opted to trash this particular installation in favor of
installing on a slightly faster drive. (But i'd still like to know what
happened.)  Also, top didn't seem to report interrupt percentage, it was
always at 0%..

ttfn

# John Chia
# http://www.fancy-shmancy.com/