Subject: Modems
To: port mac 68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Kadari Mayson <kmayson@viconet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/31/2000 20:16:22

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF6C28.0AE2F180

Hi again.  I am using xisp to initiate a remote ppp session (till I can =
get this damn cablemodem), everything seems to be configed correctly =
except for one simple thing; apparently xisp looks for /dev/modem which =
I don't have and I also have access to an i386 FreeBSD shell, and they =
don't have /dev/modem either.  Where exactly does /dev/modem reside in =
the tarballs?  Also, when I man modems on this FreeBSD shell, I get an =
entry, but no entry is available for me in NetBSD mac68k.  There is an =
/etc/modems that you can apparently config as well.  Can someone please =
look and see if they have /dev/modem on their system? =20

thanks in advance!
km

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF6C28.0AE2F180

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi again.&nbsp; I am using xisp to =
initiate a=20
remote ppp session (till I can get this damn cablemodem), everything =
seems to be=20
configed correctly except for one simple thing; apparently&nbsp;xisp =
looks for=20
/dev/modem which I don't have and I also have access to an i386 FreeBSD =
shell,=20
and they don't have /dev/modem either.&nbsp; Where exactly does =
/dev/modem=20
reside in the tarballs?&nbsp; Also, when I man modems on this FreeBSD =
shell, I=20
get an entry, but no entry is available for me in NetBSD mac68k.&nbsp; =
There is=20
an /etc/modems that you can apparently config as well.&nbsp; Can someone =
please=20
look and see if they have /dev/modem on their system?&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>thanks in advance!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>km</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01BF6C28.0AE2F180--