Subject: REQ Help with Netatalk
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd I Freese Jr <dwarf@Op.Net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/27/2000 04:43:41
(I hope I'm sending this to the right address)
Hello all,
I'm new to NetBSD but I'm willing to learn.
I'm in need of help with two problems I'm having with Netatalk.

1- I have it installed and users with accounts can log in but I can't
figure out how to set it up so guests can log in. Help?

2- I can not print to my LaserWriter from NetBSD no matter what I do.
The following is my papd.conf file entry:

>  laser:\
>               :pr=lp:op=root:\
>               :pd=/usr/ppd/PLW320.PPD\:

I got the .PPD file from my mac's Extention folder. The path is correct.
(I tried Village Scribe in the first line as well)
Here's my printcap file file:

>laser|lp|Village Scribe:\
>                   :sd=/var/spool/output/laser:\
>                   :lp=/var/spool/output/laser:\
>                   :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:pw#80:hl:\
>                   :of=/usr/pkg/share/psffilters/ofpap:\
>                   :if=/usr/pkg/share/psffilters/ifpaprev:\
>                   :tf=/usr/pkg/share/psffilters/tfpaprev:\
>                   :df=/usr/pkg/share/psffilters/dfpaprev:

In the /var/spool/output/laser directory I made a .paprc containing
"Village Scribe"

Both papd and lpd are running and the printer is showing up in "nbplkup".

When I do a "lpq" I get:

>Warning: lp is down: printing disabled
>Warning: no daemon present

Even though "ps -ax" shows both running

I'm lost!

Thanks,
Lloyd

(Sorry if this is long winded but I didn't want to leave out any
important info)