Subject: Re: PB165
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/2000 22:02:17
> So my question is really, how far should I get just booting a kernel when
> I haven't done a complete install?  Ie, if I get as far as shown below
> should I expect the system to work once fully installed?

Dunno, but there's a self-contained install kernel coming soon,
which is a much better test.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/snapshot/19991223/installation/instkernel

I can't get at the FTP site just now, so I can't verify the exact filename in
that directory. It's a bit glitchy if you actually try to use the installer,
but the workarounds are easy. I've used it to install a Mac IIci.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com