Subject: dot files not shown
To: NetBSD list <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Denny <rdhender@iupui.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/25/2000 12:32:20
this is slightly off topic.

I think the folks on this list might be able to shed some light on this
problem.

From a MacOS machine
using an ftp client
I've tried-fetch, anarchie, Netscape

I cannot see the dot files on one particular host

Yes there is a preference in Fetch to hide dot files,
I have turned that on and off several times:  no change

I can see the dot files on other hosts with all the ftp clients tried.
I can see the dot files on the problem host using ftp client from a PC.

the problem host in question is HP/UX

This has me  pulling out my hair,  I've tried changing shells on the host
account
tried different user accounts

I have no clue what could be causing this,
I've read the ftpd man page on the HP/UX box.
nothing there seems to make any sense.

Has anyone else ever seen this?
Is there some configuration option for ftpd that I am missing?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Denny