Subject: Re: X Window manager
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Christopher Reid Palmer <reid@pconline.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/22/2000 22:45:01
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Miles Nordin wrote:

>  o Try _many_ window managers.  You can get a good start by browsing

http://www.plig.org/xwinman/

Also, my vote goes for Window Maker. In spite of Miles, I'll say it very
much does not suck. :) It does require more memory and color space than
maybe you think a window manager should. I'll also give props to IceWM,
aewm, lwm and twm. Sawmill.

Whenever I get fed up with a window manager (this takes me a day or two
between wms), I always go back to the mwm that comes with Lesstif. As
Miles notes, virtual desktop support is hugely important, and mwm does it
well.

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/

Let go of the hangers-on.