Subject: BSD/Mac68k Booter Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dirk Hoppe <Netzhaut@t-online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2000 14:43:40
Hallo,

I am a newbie to UNIX Systems and want to try out NetBSD or OpenBSD for
setting up a file- and printserver. I have a problem with the BSD/Mac68k
Booter v.1.11.3 and 1.11.4 on my machine (Quadra 840AV, 80 MB RAM, MacOS
8.1).
When I start the booter it switches the screen to B&W and shows the
dialogbox. So far, so good !
When I click "boot now" the speaker of the  machine makes an awfull loud
noise (1 second), but starts to boot into NetBSD 1.4.1.
On another disk I installed OpenBSD 2.6. Starting this system doesn=B4t work
at all. Till the dialogbox appears everything seems to be allright. When I
click "boot now" the machine makes the same silly noise, the screen turns
white and the cursor stops at the upper left edge, typing anything.
Can anybody give me hint to solve the problem ?

Fotoagentur Netzhaut
Brueckstr. 46
D-44787 Bochum
Tel. +49 234 60451