Subject: Cron job won't run
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Pannell <john@newyearsday.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/09/2000 01:16:22
I have downloaded and installed Webalizer to generate nice web stats.  It
runs from the command line just fine.  I wanted to set it up as a cron job,
so I added the following line to my /var/cron/tabs/root file:

#
# run webalizer to analyze log
#
45      23      *       *       *       /usr/pkg/bin/webalizer -c
/usr/pkg/etc/newyearsday_wb.conf /var/log/httpd/newyearsday_log

...which I would think would tell webalizer to read my config file (-c
/usr/pkg/etc/newyearsday_wb.conf) and the appropriate web log
(/var/log/httpd/newyearsday_log) at 11:45 PM.  The config file tells
webalizer where to output, and as I said, this runs fine if I type it
myself.

The cron job doesn't run however.  No new report page is generated and I
cannot find any evidence in the log files that it ran or generated any
error.  Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

--
John Pannell