Subject: Re: LC II booting problem
To: Chris Roger <croger@edoppler.com>
From: Paul Yaskowski <paul@yaskowski.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/2000 17:28:25
  I'm using the same version of the booter, but it won't leave the
booter.  The last thing it prints is:

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_cnt to 0x0.

Set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 }.
GetGestalt (gestaltSysArchitecture) failed

  I have to power off the machine after that, nothing seems to work.  I
thought it was a problem with 7.0.1, but I'm not very knowledgeable
with Macs.  Does anyone know of a workaround for this?  Or, if you know
it's a futile effort to install NetBSD on it, tell me now. :)

Paul

% Chris Roger (croger@edoppler.com) [01.08.00/17:16]:
: I just recently installed NetBSD 1.4.1 on a Quadra700 that
: had 7.0.1... it booted fine.
: The Booter is the current one off of ftp.netbsd.org as of three weeks
: ago.
:
: -Chris
: eDoppler.com

--
He who knows, does not speak.  He who speaks, does not know.
  -- Lao Tsu