Subject: Re: LC II booting problem
To: Paul Yaskowski <paul@jthm.org>
From: Chris Roger <croger@edoppler.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/08/2000 16:08:29
I just recently installed NetBSD 1.4.1 on a Quadra700 that
had 7.0.1... it booted fine.
The Booter is the current one off of ftp.netbsd.org as of three weeks
ago.

-Chris
eDoppler.com

>  I recently acquired an old LC II, 4Mb of RAM, and System 7.0.1.  I
>followed the Booter instructions, and things seemed to be doing well,
>and when I saw the "So I sez to him.." message, I waited for it to boot
>into NetBSD.  Nothing happened after that, it hung at that point.
>Having no previous Mac experience, and no install media, upgrading to a
>later System version is not really an option, as I heard that later
>version seem to work better with the Booter.
>
>  Is there any interim solution?  Are there any versions of the Booter
>that will run fine in 7.0.1?  Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Roger,  mailto:croger@edoppler.com
Website Performance Monitoring
Make sure your web site is a top performer!
http://www.edoppler.com/  We Watch the Web!