Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4.1 - Clock stops when doing I/O
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/05/2000 00:42:57
> Nothing's different in 1.4. Doesn't "current" use the alternate
> priorities on 840av already? I ran a wscons kernel for about a week,
> and I'm sorry to say it loses time just as badly as 1.4.x.

We don't try to use the alternate priorities on the AV.  -current
does have the auxilliary interrupt framework.  1.4.x does not.  To
try it on -current, set mac68k_machine.aux_interrupts to 1 in the
MACH_CLASSAV case around line 2164 of machdep.c and do some work
in intr.c:intr_init().  It might work, but I kind of doubt it since
the AVs have a different interrupt scheme altogether with DMA
support.

The real deal would be to get disk DMA going on the AV machines.  Does
anyone know if linux-mac68k is running DMA on these yet?  Or is anyone
interested in working on it?  We're already using a little of the DMA
engine for the mace driver (mac68k/obio/if_mc_obio.c).

-allen