Subject: Re: Off topic: Mac-like keybindings for emacs
To: None <ericrch@home.com>
From: Philip Stripling <philip@civex.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/30/1999 20:43:48
   Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:21:00 -0800
   From: "Eric R. C. Holcomb" <ericrch@home.com>

   Do any of you have a .emacs file with Macintosh-like key bindings?  I have
   searched the web for such a beast and found nothing.  Also, I have never
   configured Emacs and have a slight fear of the thing.  Anything to make it
   more Mac-like would help.

Hi, Eric,

I use a Mac, but I telnet into a FreeBSD computer and run emacs. I'm
reading email now on emacs, in fact.

Please consider reading comp.emacs for help on emacs. It _is_ a fearful
program to learn, but it becomes wonderful as you get used to it. Consider
learning it as it is, rather than trying to make it Mac-like.

Phil
--
Philip Stripling     | Legal Assistance on the Web
philip@civex.com     | http://www.PhilipStripling.com/