Subject: Re: odd... very very odd... (help)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cary Wiedemann <caryw@erols.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/27/1999 14:05:32
allen and bob -

The only device on the scsi chain in an internal hd with SCSI id 0.
Nothing else is connected internally, nothing else is connected
externally.

I'm downloading netbsd.GENERICSBC.gz now; I'll inform you of the
results...

--
>I got done installing NetBSD on my Performa 600, set up everything
>correctly (I think), and then ran the booter.  Everything seemed to go
>fine, until I typed 'ps -aux'    Then, this scrolled continuousley on my
>screen:

It looks like you might have a problem with your SCSI chain.  Are you
sure you have proper termination on the ends?  MacOS is a lot more
forgiving about this than NetBSD.  Also if you're running with a GENERIC
kernel try switching to a GENERICSBC one.

-bob

-

Try using GENERICSBC (I believe that output is from GENERIC).  It might
also help to know what kind of devices you have hooked up.  This looks
like the disk driver has an allergy to your disk...

-allen