Subject: Xsurvey[was NetBSD/mac68k collection]
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: T@W <lsp93@xs4all.nl>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/25/1999 21:46:31
Bob Nestor wrote:
>While working with a new user trying to get X up and running [snip...].
>
>On a related subject, it appears right now like X support for the MacTV
>might have gotten lost somewhere between version 1.3 and version 1.4.1.
>I wonder if anyone else has noticed that X no longer works on their
>system, what model system this happens on, and if you have any clues as
>to why or what happened.
>
>thanks,
>-bob

I've noticed the following on my LC475 (noFPU):
With the  X11 daemons (xfs & xdm) enabled in rc.conf I boot multi-usermode.
Boots normally to the point where it starts fighting between starting up X
and a normal loginprompt....and waits and waits and.....
oh what the hack...I do ctrl-c.
Presto, X comes up nicely with the whistles and bells.

Later,
T@W

PS1 is there a goodhearted spirit who would like to compile the latest
snort (1.3.1) for me. On my fpuless box it's ./configure works but i have
problems making.
In fact i have problems with any making so i have to rely on you boys and
girls.
TIA and much appreciated
for me
PS2 and finally  I would like to note that CAPS/LOCK is still booting
CAPITAL with the new 1.4N.