Subject: Re: Laserwriter IINTX
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/22/1999 18:27:12
Hi,

"Herb Singleton" <hsingleton@flashcom.net> wrote:

Herb> With the printer in PostScript mode, I can print files
Herb> sent with "cat filename.ps > /dev/tty01 &"

Well, it shows that hardware works fine.

Herb> but "lpr -P printer filename.ps" only gives me a few
Herb> minutes of flashing lights on the printer.

It shows that there are some misconfiguration in printcap
file or lpr.

Herb> I'm using the example printcap on Apple's "Apple
Herb> LaserWriter: UNIX Printing over Serial Connection" TIL
Herb> without the input filters.

What the exactly /etc/printcap file do you use?  Did you
make appropriate files/directories?

--
SUNAGAWA Keiki <kei_sun@ba2.so-net.ne.jp>
Hack on NetBSD, and your code runs on over 20 architectures!