Subject: Re: IIci color X problem: here's the dmesg file
To: Chris Tucker <root@cyberpor.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/21/1999 05:55:53
OK.  The dmesg output looks just fine.  And the SLOTMAN code was
able to set the card to B&W during startup, so that's not the
problem.  (Regardless of pixel size under MacOS, SLOTMAN always
sets the card to B&W during boot;  much more efficient to run
the console in 1-bit mode.)

So, my guess would be that the fault lies in your X-server.  I
see that you're running Ken Nakata's OSFA server, and I've had
some problems with that one.  Try the server from my web site:

	ftp://ftp.whooppee.com/pub/slotman/ColorX.tgz

This is the server I use on my Mac IIci.

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |