Subject: Re: netatalk problems still
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1999 09:46:03
On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Hauke Fath wrote:

> Depends. WRT AppleTalk, there's a Q700, my main NetBSD workstation. There's
> a Sun IPX which should eventually serve AppleTalk but currently isn't.
> Then, there's a Dayna EtherPrint adapter (LaserWriter bridge), and the
> occasional SE/30 or IIsi.

I bet the EtherPrint adapter might be acting like a router, which is why
the Duo is acting like there's a router.

The way to tell is to run something like tcpdump set to capture all
packets (i.e. Ethertalk ones) when only the etherprint and the NetBSD box
is on. If you see packets flying, it's playing router. :-)

I'm not sure what to do in that case..

If you adjust asun's atalk to just use 1 -> 65534, it should work fine..

Take care,

Bill