Subject: Re: Daystar accelerator and NetBSD
To: Andrew Miles <mile0001@bigfoot.com>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/19/1999 00:56:54
At 8:38 PM -0500 11/18/99, Andrew Miles wrote:
>Hello,
>

>I've got a new install of NetBSD 1.4.1 running on my IIci (68mg RAM,
>internal video) with just the standard kern.tgz kernal, works great.  The
>problem is I'd like to get my 68040 40mhz Daystar accelerator card to work
>with NetBSD and was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting it to work
>and
>could give me some pointers.
>
>Any ideas of what I might try?

I think this happens because there's problem with the way internal video is
mapped with the card's 040. You might get this setup to work if you boot
using a video card instead.

The long term solution is to find out what's wrong with the mappings and
fix the kernel but I'm not sure that's the solution you were after :-)

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill