Subject: Re: cable/@home
To: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Alex Barclay <alex@tfo-consulting.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1999 18:27:46
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Erik Huizing wrote:

> Has anyone out there got their BSD system hooked up to a cable modem
> (specifically, the @home network)?
> I've been having the damnest time getting set up properly. Everything
> works, just inbound traffic to my machine seems to take forever.
> Downloading off of it, I easily get 50-70K/sec, but uploading to it, I see
> at best 1.5K/sec.
> Just wondering if anyone might know how to fix this.

I currently have @home in the Colorado Springs, US area. They say that
only PC's and Mac's are supported but I have a Sun 3/470 hooked up. I use
the DHCP identifier they gave me with the dhclient stuff.

I routinely see 70KB/sec in both directions. Ironically I frequently see
higher upstream BW than downstream

Alex