Subject: Re: netatalk problems still
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1999 10:07:00
On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 5:37 Uhr +0100 16.11.1999, Roger Fischer wrote:
> >Is far as I know, nobody's made a package out of the "netatalk+asun"
> >source.
>
> Although this would be nice to have, netatalk+asun builds out just fine of
> the box on NetBSD 1.4.x. It does so on -current, too, but for whatever
> reason does not work correctly (atalkd fails to start up).

Probably because of the changes made to our netatalk stack. I gather you
don't have a seed router? These changes only matter in that case.

atalkd for phase 2 w/o seed router configuers the interfaces as:

lo0:	net 0-0
if0:	net 0-0xfffe (I think that's the upper #)

(if0: is the one network interface, be it de0, ne1, etc.)

That no longer works. And it was wrong to begin with. We now set things
to:

lo0:	net 0-0
if0:	net 65280-65534

which is what the spec says, and works quite well.

Take care,

Bill