Subject: IIcx's with NetBSD 1.4 Pre-installed
To: port-m68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Winkler <ewinkler@erols.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/16/1999 12:25:47
I have eight Mac IIcx's preinstalled with NetBSD 1.4 for sale.  I'm
asking $100.00 US each plus shipping.  Send me an email if you are
interested.  I currently use one running headless to share a PPP account
between two PowerMacs.  These machines run flawlessly 24/7 without a
monitor.  I reboot mine maybe once a month.

Each IIcx includes the following:

NetBSD 1.4 installed - everything but X-Windows tgz files.
MacOS 7.1
200 MB Maxtor Hard Drive
8MB RAM
Mac II video card - needed even if you run it without a monitor.
Two 10base-T ethernet cards - either Asante or Farallon.

Each IIcx is configured as follows:
5MB Mac0S, 32 MB Swap, 170 MB Root
Custom compiled kernel based on SPOT.
The NIC cards are pre-configured for 192.168.1.1 and 10.0.2.1 addresses.

IP-NAT configured and running between the two interfaces.
Only telnetd and sshd services are running, everything else is turned
off.
Two login accounts exist, root and one user.
Security software installed:  Sniffit 0.3.5 (runs with -i option), Snort
1.3.1, SSH 1.2.27
Cable Service software:  rrlogind (for RoadRunner cable modem users).
Other software of interest: gcc, lynx, ncurses, scp, ssh, tcsh

I've put a lot of effort into making these boxes the easiest NetBSD
machines to use and configure.  They are perfect for use as an IP-NAT
firewall to share a highspeed internet connection across your home
network.  If you are interested or have any questions(even just NetBSD
questions), please send me an email at ewinkler@erols.com.

Erik