Subject: Re: netatalk problems still
To: Erik Huizing <huizing@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
From: Roger Fischer <roger@badger1.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/15/1999 20:37:59
At 12:42 PM -0800 11/13/99, Erik Huizing wrote:
> I took your advice and went back to the basics.
> I've reinstalled the 1.4.1 base packages (base, comp, etc, kern, text).
>The only other package I've added was netatalk (for 1.4.1), using pkg_add
>
> When I use the Network browser to get to my server, I still get that
>pesky -5024 I/O error if I use a valid name/pass.
> If I don't use a valid name/pass, I get "Unknown user, incorrect
>password, or logon is disabled. Please retype name/password, or contact
>sys admin" which seems correct.

Hmmm.  It's been a while, but I had a similar problem.
On my MacBSD machine running Netatalk, I can't use the network browser
to mount volumes.  Only the "chooser" which is to be phased out.

On my Linux PC running Netatalk+asun, the network browser works fine
(as well as the chooser).  I don't have a solution, but I know that
the netatalk+asun supports appleshareIP which the older version doesn't.

Is far as I know, nobody's made a package out of the "netatalk+asun"
source.

Ciao,
rog

When once you have tasted flight, you will always walk
the earth with your eyes turned skyward; for there you
have been and there you will always be.
                           -Leonardo da Vinci  1452-1519