Subject: Re: Debugging the ncrsci driver (Was: spontaneous coredumps?)
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/14/1999 15:29:52
At 2:01 Uhr +0100 14.11.1999, Todd Whitesel wrote:
>Huh? Do you mean that if I move to a different HD, the problem might go away?
>Fascinating.

=8)

But true.

>Right now my main suspect drive is a quantum lps500 or thereabouts. I've got
>a handful of 200,300,400 meg SCSI's lying around that I can try.

Especially Quantum drives tend to implement their own flavour of SCSI. As
the NetBSD SCSI system pushes a lot of its tasks to MD parts, a lot can
fail there (see e.g. "Message-Id: <l03102800b453325591d1@[192.168.1.4]>").

>BTW do we have a 'miniroot' or memory disk installation kernel for mac68k?
>It seems like we could make one, and run it from MacOS, and avoid the mkfs
>and installer programs and their old ffs code entirely...

A sysinst based installation process is in the works, but afaik not there,
yet. There is a kernel configuration for a miniroot, but I have never tried
it, myself. Perhaps Allen or Scott can help you there.

	hauke