Subject: Re: Debugging the ncrsci driver (Was: spontaneous coredumps?)
To: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/13/1999 17:01:56
> 	Just curious - do those with the means to debug the SCSI driver
> 	(if not always the time :) actually have SCSI drives that exhibit
> 	the problem?

Huh? Do you mean that if I move to a different HD, the problem might go away?
Fascinating.

> 	If not could someone donate their suspect drive? If it helps I'll
> 	find a spare scsi drive and ship it to someone to replace any
> 	such drive they ship to a developer :)

Right now my main suspect drive is a quantum lps500 or thereabouts. I've got
a handful of 200,300,400 meg SCSI's lying around that I can try.

BTW do we have a 'miniroot' or memory disk installation kernel for mac68k?
It seems like we could make one, and run it from MacOS, and avoid the mkfs
and installer programs and their old ffs code entirely...

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com