Subject: Re: sorry to ask...
To: Eric Damien Berna <eric@thiel.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/12/1999 12:22:15
On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Eric Damien Berna wrote:

> If that doesn't work out, you may be able to accomplish this with the
> computer hardware at your disposal.  My first computer was the
> original Mac, and I've always had a Mac since then, so I've never had
> to work out this particular problem.  Maybe somebody else on this
> list has some ideas.  We'll need to know to what other computers you
> have access.

There is an option if you have an intel box with DOS/98/NT/other $%@#.

A program called "transmac" will read mac bin (and hqx, I believe, but
don't trust me on that one) and decompress the file to disk in proper MAC
format.  I used this to install 7.5.3 on a quadra 650 with a new hard
drive (i.e. no MacOS).  I used an NT box which was lying around.

Let me know if you need more on this - I'd be happy to help you as much as
I can.

-Jon Lindgren
 "Xyzzy!  You're a duck!"
 jlindgren@espus.com, yubyub@yubyub.net