Subject: Re: X Problems con't
To: <>
From: Pat Plummer <ppat@tvipa.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1999 21:25:01
On 11/7/99 8:45 PM, Paul Goyette at paul@whooppee.com said:

>Well, menus and title bars etc. are a function of your window manager.
>Are you sure you started twm (or one of the other available window
>managers)?

I found a typo that seems to have me up and running with window
dressings. I found I'd forgotten the ampersand in one line after calling
one of the applications prior to calling twm.

What are the differences between xsm, kde, and the other window managers?
Also, is there information somewhere on color code etc that will help me
figure out how to set colors, etc to something a bit more appealing than
this sickly looking sea foam color :) ?

>As for color, what pixel depth were you at in MacOS when you launched
>the booter?  Standard NetBSD kernels have no way to change the pixel
>depth, nor can they update the color palette.

This helped. Thanks to you and Michael Zucca!

My only problem now is that I can only access X if I log in as root -- I
get a "file system full" error when I try to log in as a "regular user".
Any ideas?

Pat