Subject: Re: X Problems con't
To: Pat Plummer <ppat@tvipa.org>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1999 09:20:19
At 10:25 PM -0500 11/7/99, Pat Plummer wrote:
>All:
>
>Thanks to the help of Frederick Bruckman, I got X to come up OK with
>windows the size, shape, and position I want either logged in as root as
>well as my regular user account.
>
>However, for some reason, I still don't get menus, title bars, borders,
>close boxes, etc around them nor do I get any color (I have the color
>Xserver installed).

For color you have to boot into 16 bit mode for now.

As far as title bars, etc. you have to run a window manager like twm or
fvwm. X itself only provides windows and graphics primitives.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org - http://www.mdc.net/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill