Subject: Re: DUOTEST kernel
To: Daishi Kato <daishi@axlight.com>
From: None <svinto@ita.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/08/1999 12:44:43
hi again,

i've done some more testing now. after upgrading MacOS from 7.5 to
7.5.5 things behave a bit differently. it no longer hangs at
configuring the serial ports, but i'm getting more and more confused,
because the failures are not very consistent.

usually it hangs at "ncrscsi0 at obio0", sometimes it hangs at "adb0
at obio0".
if booting without "open serial port before booting" it seems to hang
at "adb0 at obio0" a bit more often.

with serial console it sometimes boots and runs ok, sometimes it hangs
at the same places.

with normal console i usually get this:
 mrg: 'Mac II class ROMs' ROM glue, tracing off, debug off, silent
traps
 mrg: I/O map kludge for ROMs that use hardware addresses directly.

with serial console i usually get this:
 mrg: kernel has no ROM vectors for this machine!

this seems a bit strange, because powebook abd does not use mrg,
right?

this machine is a duo 270c with  MacOS 7.5.5, 8MB ram, 250 MB
scsi-disc, no internal modem and no dock attached.

Daishi, please tell me what version of MacOS are you using, since it
ssems to make a big difference.

cheers!

Daishi Kato wrote:

> From: svinto@ita.chalmers.se
> Subject: Re: DUOTEST kernel
> Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 22:00:54 +0100
>
> > i just tried the DUOTEST kernel on my duo 270c.
> >
> > 1 - with serial console it boots and runs fine.
> > 2 - with "regular" console it hangs while configuring the serial
> > ports:
> >
> > zstty at zsc0 channel 0
> > zsc0 chnnel 1: d_speed_  9600 DCD clk 0
>
> Is the booter option "Open Port before booting" on?
> It does not occur to me at all.
>
> > or sometimes even earlier, after:
> > adb0 at obio0.
>
> Do you use any dock attached?
>
> --
> Daishi Kato <daishi@axlight.com>

Svante Sörmark | Chalmers University IT systems & services