Subject: Re: X Problems con't
To: Pat Plummer <ppat@tvipa.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/07/1999 19:45:29
Well, menus and title bars etc. are a function of your window manager.
Are you sure you started twm (or one of the other available window
managers)?

As for color, what pixel depth were you at in MacOS when you launched
the booter?  Standard NetBSD kernels have no way to change the pixel
depth, nor can they update the color palette.

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Pat Plummer wrote:

> All:
>
> Thanks to the help of Frederick Bruckman, I got X to come up OK with
> windows the size, shape, and position I want either logged in as root as
> well as my regular user account.
>
> However, for some reason, I still don't get menus, title bars, borders,
> close boxes, etc around them nor do I get any color (I have the color
> Xserver installed).
>
> Any suggestions? I've poured over the FAQs and How To's with no success.
>
> Pat

|   Paul Goyette  | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer|  BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| & kernel hacker |  91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |