Subject: IIfx
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <rollei@tiscalinet.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1999 20:58:00
Hello to all!

how is the work going on on the IIfx? I definitely have substituted my old
II with the IIfx and i couldn't keep both working because of the lack of
space and the lack of HD's, monitor, keyboard which i just reused. I find
the IIfx wickedly fast for normal use, even compared to quadras and PPCs.
So it's some time i'm not using NetBSD :-(

i ask because i was told that the Linux project has now a working IIfx ADB
keyboard and even some progress on the q950. and NetBSD? is the part of
code reusable?

i ask  because it is true that linux is wide spread and innovative, but i
found that netBSD was better working and much faster on my old II.
Multitasking seemed better too (did you ever know that the first linux
kernel versions dating back to minix weren't really multi-task?). SOmeone
had tried both and got my same impression? or is it bound to my II and now
for example on a IIfx or a quadra there is no real difference?

greets
riccardo