Subject: FPU-less LCII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Ricudis <ricudis@paiko.gr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1999 08:27:18
It has been asked before, but I could not found an answer in the list
archives, and the original poster doesn't reply.

I have a FPU-less LC II (1.4.1 and current tested) which core dumps with
"illegal instruction" errors when trying to compile the kernel. A simple
program using libm also produces the same error. Seems that the system is
working as no FPU emulation was present (it is).

Readinf through thw FAQ, i saw an entry about a no-fpu libm which
apparently helps. I cannot find the program in its denoted place,
though. I tried to recompile libm with the included patch, but as core
dumped whth illegal instruction again.

Does anybody has a pre-compiled no-fpu library?

And what about the programs that use floating poing but do not link with
libm? (as, for one, is not linked with libm)

--

Christos Ricudis 				ricudis@paiko.gr
I am a target. Please bomb me at N40 33.765' E22 55.130' Alt. 69ft