Subject: Re: DUOTEST kernel
To: Daishi Kato <daishi@axlight.com>
From: Takashi Hamada <beach@mx6.nisiq.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1999 11:04:09
Hi,

Daishi Kato wrote:
> What is the meaning of the line
> "if ((via_reg(VIA1, vIFR) & 0x10) == 0x10)" in pm_direct.c .

I beleive that bit 4 (0x10) is the flag for the interupt request from
the Power Manager IC for PowerBooks. (I might be wrong since I said
this without checking the tech notes.) It's quite possible that this
part is a problem because I am not really sure how to handle the
interupts of the ADB and Power Manager. Modifying this part for each
PowerBooks would be a practical solution, but the interupts handling
in pm_direct.c should be improved.

I can't guarantee, but I will look into pm_direct.c when I can have a
time for that. (I am now very very busy for my doctoral dissertation.)

Thanks,

--
Takashi Hamada