Subject: Re: Radius Rocket
To: port-mac68k <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Knight <dknight@bakerbooks.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1999 07:47:28
Brian Howard writes:

>Does anyone have any information on this
>card? More importantly, once I get the Rocket in a Mac that can use the
>card, will NetBSD run on it?

I've been looking myself. The Radius Rocket was a very clever hack. I
have what little information I could find posted on Low End Mac at

<http://lowendmac.net/radius/rocket.shtml>

"The Radius Rocket was more than just another Macintosh accelerator -- it
was essentially a separate Mac on a NuBus card. With Rocketshare, it was
possible to put multiple Rockets in a Macintosh, each running its own
copy of the OS and its own set of tasks, or sharing a distributed
workload.

"Interesting tidbit: you can run a Radius Rocket in a Power Mac 7100 or
8100 (requires Rocketshare 1.3 or later)."

This includes links to three other Radius Rocket pages.

I don't have a clue about BSD on the Rocket, but would love to have some
to throw in my Mac II or IIfx, just to experiment.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       dknight@bakerbooks.com
Baker Book House Company                 <http://www.bakerbooks.com>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

  "As for Pentium PCs, well, they're harmless."