Subject: Re: df shows 100% (and vaguely related subjects)
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1999 16:44:58
On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> Conveniently, this means I can dig all the old stuff from my
> now-defunct mac68k box (a Performa 636 with its processor swapped for
> a real 040) off the external drives (as it's a real pain to mount
> those drives on my current macppc box, since the two ports are using a
> different hack for disklabeling).

I merged MacOS partitioning code in to macppc's disklabel code recently.
The only main difference between the macppc and mac68k versions is that
the macppc one will look for a NetBSD disklabel first, while the mac68k
one will look for a MacOS partition table first. We need to do that as
installboot on macppc will generate a fake MacOS partition table.

Does someone have a good port of pdisk? I have a version Tsubai sent me,
but it's been mashed on a few times (by me)..

The other thing to do is teach installboot to not destroy MacOS partition
tables it didn't create.. :-)

Take care,

Bill