Subject: about installing 1.4.1
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: KITAMURA Yasuichi <kita@jp.apan.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1999 10:25:37
Dear all,

If I missed anything, could you tell me what I missed? I was playing with
1.3.3, but I decided to move into 1.4.1. Fotunately, I could get the another
hard drive for 1.4.1 and I tried to clean-install 1.4.1 on it.

The machine is SE/30 with 8M RAM and I used the Silverling 5.8.3 for making
partitions. The disk size for 1.4.1 is 9G and the disk map is 470M HFS,
24M swap and root&user. After mkfsing and making devices, I started
installing 1.4.1 binary sets but at base.tgz, the installer always stopped.

# I'm sorry that I did not bring the log....

And I lauched 1.3.3 and tried to install those sets with tar zxvf. But the fsck
always complained about the new disk format that is the alternate super block
has the illegal flag. I newfs-ed the 1.4.1 disk on 1.3.3 and did tar zxvpfC.
When I finished the tar, I found I lost the /dev and I went back to MacOS and
tried to make devices with the installer but the installer complained about
the disk format. I went back to 1.3.3 and build devices by hand:-).

Now, what did I miss? 9G one partiotion is illegal? I know it's dangerous
though:-).

--KITAMURA