Subject: routing help
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Laffey <joe@laffeycomputer.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1999 10:45:45
Hi,

I have two NetBSD boxes setup. One at the office on a T1 and one at home
on DSL. Each of these connections is through a different provider and
backbone. I would like to hook up a ppp modem connection directly between
the two locations in case one of the connections goes down or gets flooded
(we have had some problems). I would like to be able to route traffic
normally through the high-speed connection (ethernet to router), but when
the hosts cannot reach one another the usual way have packet flow through
the modem line.

I am trying to figure out how to go about doing this. Can this be down
with static routes? It sounds more like I need to run routed or gated.
Specifically there is a host at home that needs to be able to access nfs
at the office even if the T1 or DSL is down. However, I obviously want
stuff going through those two fast connections if possible and only want
the modem as a backup.

Any ideas or URLs would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO