Subject: Re: e/net card recognition at boot
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/15/1999 18:13:22
Allen Briggs  (briggs@ninthwonder.com) wrote:

>> At 8:50 PM -0700 10/14/99, Allen Briggs wrote:
>> >Actually, hasn't someone put together a page on how to track this info
>> >down?
>> Are you thinking about the HOWTO for getting info on video card interrupts?
>> It certainly covers some of the probing that's needed.
>
>Not really.  I was thinking that someone who had delved into a couple of
>network cards had put something together on how to find the prom space
>and the register space, and memory.

When I was trying to find this information on my ehternet cards I wrote a
little program that did some of this.  My plan for it was to probe the
card space and then try to map out the ROM and RAM areas as well as try
to figure out all the address spaces that were duplicated.

If anyone wants the source code of this I'd be happy to accomidate them.
The program could use some work though since I stopped working on it when
I was able to give Allen enough info to get my card up and running.

-bob