Subject: Re: se/30 stability problem
To: Jean-Francois Fortier <jefortie@cgocable.ca>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/1999 15:16:45
At 8:45 AM -0700 10/12/99, Jean-Francois Fortier wrote:
>	I'm presently running NetBSD 141 on a SE30 20 M ram and 2 G HD and
>nubus ethernet adaptor and this little box often crashs.  There's nothing

I presume this is really a PDS ethernet card since the SE/30 has now NuBus?
If you could give us the specifics of the model card it might be helpful.
Also the output of 'dmesg | fgrep thernet'.

>in the logs files, there's only a message on the screen containing (kernel
>violation trap) a lot of hex code...  Is there a way to get useful

If you could just post the first part of the error message it might be
helpful.  The hex code is less likely to be needed.  Also, if you have a
keyboard prompt at the end you might try typing 't' to get a stack trace.
If you could just give us the routine names from the beginning of each line
it might be helpful.

>information from this message ???   Is it supposed to be stable an se30
>like mine ? I guess ?? I've been running IIsi with openbsd for a while and
>It was rock stable ... What about an se/30 ?

On the one hand they have been supported for almost as long as the original
II-series machines.  On the other hand they do have their quirks.